Prep: 9 min › Cook: 13-15 min
- Scrub and debar the mussels if needed. Rinse well in cold water. Discard any that don’t close when tapped shut.
- Make up a spice paste of ginger, lemongrass, coriander stalks and leaves, garlic and chillies. Chop by hand or pulse in a food processor or with a hand blender.
- Heat the oil in a wok, then add two sliced red onions and fry for a minute over a high heat.
- Add the spice paste and cook for two minutes more.
- Add a tin of coconut milk, bring to the boil and add the lime zest and the mussels.
- Cook with a lid on for about 5 minutes, or until the mussels open. Add a squeeze of lime and stir.
- Serve in bowls garnished with the remaining coriander and a wedge of lemon.